Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We're Back Home!

It's good to be home again and have time to reflect on the privilege of recent travels we have enjoyed. I thought I'd share with you (if anyone is still checking my blog) some of the fun we've had traveling over the past weeks and months. From the Pacific, to the Gulf and then on to a two week visit with family in the Buckeye State...we've enjoyed some great times!
I've also been wondering what my Blogville friends have been up to...so hopefully this next week I'll slowly make my way through my blogroll and stop by for a visit!

For the first post in my "Travel Blog Series", (oh gosh-don't I sound so official-gheeze!) I'll share a few pics from our trip to the Texas Hill Country and to our Capitol City, Austin. This trip actually took place back in August (yes, I'm behind!) and was scheduled so we could attend the wedding of a special young lady who lived with us a few years ago for a period of time. The Lord has brought a wonderful man into her life and we are rejoicing with this sweet couple on His Faithfulness in their lives. Our daughters & SIL, Erin, Micah and Megan, were also able to attend the wedding and enjoyed spending some time together during that weekend.

After the wedding, Brad & I spent the weekend with some very dear, long-time friends. We don't get to see them nearly enough-maybe twice a year...but we can easily pick up where we left off. I love it when the Lord blesses us with friendships that endure over the long-haul.
Lindsey made such a beautiful Bride!!

I had fun catching a few pics of the event.

After the wedding reception, we stopped by the state capitol to see how it looks lit up at night. We got there just before they turned the lights off at midnight!

A view of the city from the capitol lawn.

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting with our very dear friends...wish we could see them more often! Love you guys!

19 comments:

... said...

i'm glad you're back and that you had such a good time on your travels.

thanks for the pictures. i'm looking forward to more.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you are back. I was thinking about you yesterday :) I love the photos. Great as always. Are you going to write how we spent tons of time chatting on the phone?...bless your heart! I look at that last photo of you guys with your friends and picture myself sitting across the table from you. Oh well, our phone calls are a little slice of heaven. Love you my Texas friend!

Tracy said...

Of course we still check your blog! The photos are gorgeous. Aren't weddings fun?

Susan said...

Welcome home!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been getting around! Glad to "see" you again!

Megan said...

This is your lucky day!!!! I just posted new bloggage!! Come. Have a looksy!! Love you. The Megmuff

Susannah said...

Welcome back! I love your idea of a Travel Blog series. What a gorgeous bride! And it looks like you had some fun with your long-time friends. Blessings, e-Mom

Ashleigh Baker said...

What a pretty bride! It's always good to spend time with friends, too... glad you had a great trip!

Susie said...

Welcome back! Time spent with friends is always so enjoyable!
What a beautiful bride. I love how she's looking over her shoulder..
:)

tammi said...

Glad to see you here again! I love your night shots -- very beautiful. Someday I hope to have a camera that can handle those! I'm looking forward to more instalments of your 'travel blog!'

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Keep the pictures and travel commentary coming. So glad you had a great time!
Love,
Renee

Mimi said...

it is so wonderful to be able to spend time with old friends... glad you had such a safe and restful vacation and visit with family and friends...

Anonymous said...

Yes.... that gray hair means more travel... right? LOL

So glad you all had a great time!

BTW, I have a camera question... Do you keep your UV Haze filter on all the time? We were out taking pics yesterday and Vee's pics with the UV filter made the old church look rather washed out, I thought.. he said though that it looked more like the color should be, because the bricks were really a "sand" color and my "point and shoot" made it look more reddish gold which is what I thought the church really looked like in the pre-sunset light. What is your opinion on UV filters? BTW, The pic on my blog is my little point and shoot.
Love, Bee

Robin said...

Welcome back! Your trip sounds wonderful! And the bride was so beautiful - I love weddings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, Good to see you again.

And what a lovely, lovely bride. Stunning!

Lori said...

So great to hear from you and come visit your blog and read your posts.

What fun travels you have had.
What a beautiful wedding. Everyone looks so nice.

Karen said...

I don't have you in my bloglines for some reason, so I've been checking in periodically. I was happy to see a comment from you, so I came over to say hello! It looks like you've been extremely busy, but with fun stuff. Visiting with old friends is precious, isn't it. We have some friends like that, that we aren't lucky enough to see very often. I miss them.
Have a blessed day!
Karen

Susan Skitt said...

What a lovely trip Diane! I had lost your new blog address and was glad to see you stop. Blessings my friend!

Jan Parrish said...

What a breathtaking bride.

Looks like a fabulous time.