Friday, July 20, 2007

Like A Watered Garden


For those of you that were wondering, no, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've been on a blogging sabbatical. Gosh I've missed interacting with the sweet friends I've made in blogville over the last several months! I feel like everyone else got to go to a party and I had to stay home and do chores. (think Cinderella here)
So...for those of you that have found your way back to my humble blog, you will notice I have a new name and address. It's the same old blog, same old me, same ramblings and reflections... I've just changed the name and address. (security reasons...and do you know just how hard it is to find a blog name that hasn't already been taken!!!??? Sorry, I digress.)
Have you ever read Isaiah 58:11? (see verse in my header above) It speaks of life and beauty, provision and faithfulness, nurturing and strength. Such a rich picture and a perfect reminder to me that it is God who satisfies, who guides, who gives strength and who causes growth.
My name change has already prompted two people today to ask me if I'm a gardener. Oh mercy me!! If you knew me in real life...you would laugh right along with me. The plants at our local nursery shutter and wilt the minute I darken the doors of the garden center...fearing for their lives, lest I should actually purchase them. Word has gotten around. Yes, it is certain death (or at least severe dehydration) to any herbage unfortunate enough to end up in our yard. I'm not sure which is worse...a slow death from neglect, or to perish under the hoof of the local deer brigade out for midnight snacks. Really now, just because we endure summer temperatures high enough to fry an egg on the front walkway, doesn't give these bright and happy flowers the right to fade, shrivel and collapse within a month or two of their liberation from the garden center. It's not that I'm rationing water or anything...I just don't like the heat any more than the next guy. I tend to overlook the job of watering potted or bedding plants a little more often than I should. So, there you have it. Confession is good for the soul. THAT, my dear blogville friends, is the reason I am drawn to Isaiah 58:11. God is Good. He waters, He supplies, He nurtures...and we grow. I gave my blog this name as a daily reminder that God delights to give us what we need to have abundant life, to grow lush and green, and to be the source of all that is good in our lives.
So, next time we are feeling dried up and parched, weary to the bone, or can't seem to focus on anything else but the weeds, remember... it is God who wishes to make us Like A Watered Garden.

25 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm glad that you are back, Diane. Thanks for letting me know about the new site!

Susie said...

Hi Diane,
Welcome back! So glad you let me know your new address. I enjoyed this uplifting post. Hope to see more of you in the future!
hugs!

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were and what had happened to your blog when I clicked on the old address from Bloglines and got "Page not found." Glad you're back!

Tammy said...

So glad to see you back, Diane! Thank you for coming over and telling me...I will bookmark you again!
I love the new name...and the thoughts behind it! Blessings!

TO BECOME said...

I am so glad to see you are back and doing a good job. It is so nice to see you again and thanks for letting me know where to find you. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

What a way to sweeten up my long day! I am so glad you found your way back.
I love your new name and the reason you decided on it. God's goodness and faithfulness have been more than abundant to me this week and shown faithful to me today.
Just when are we going for that lunch date? I'm so ready :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We've missed you.

Susan said...

Hi Diane, I just today asked Ginger what had happened to you. Thanks for reappearing and I love your post today and the reason behind your choice of name. SO TRUE!!
Susan

Susie said...

So happy that you are back and the title is great! I love your reasoning behind the name. I'm not much of a gardener either, but I do want to give it a try one day.

Bee said...

How Cool! I actually like this name better anyway!
Love, Bee

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!
Just finished a rousing round of Hand-N-Foot. Fun, fun, fun.

You are not a gardener, you are a "plant things to feed and attract the local deer population" kind of gal.

Hugs!
Renee

Lyndy said...

Welcome back and what a great post.

Have a blessed weekend.

Lyndy

Lori said...

HI! Diane,
I've missed you.

Love you new blog title and why you chose it.

Thanks for letting me know your new address.

inspired said...

Pleased to hear from and what a great title for a blog.. ;o]

Barbara said...

Thanks for dropping by and letting me know of your new site. You are not the first of my blogging pals to change sites.
Reading your post I see whay y ou have the name but I did initially think you were relating to your garden. Welcome back.
So hard to keepup with all blogging friendss when life is so busy I know.

... said...

thanks for giving me your new address. i had wondered what happened to you. glad you're back.

i love the picture that the scripture in isaiah gives us. it makes me feel at peace and secure.

and i'm like you. i've never had a green thumb. always envious of those who have the beautiful gardens and lush foliage.

again, welcome back. praying that you get a good handle on life and make it all manageable.

pei girl said...

what a lovely post I came by your blog over at Robins,looks like I am not the only one who tends not to water my flowers as much as I should.have an awesome day :0)

Sandy said...

Welcome back, Diane. Great blog name and post. And YES! You can use my Mom's ice cream recipe and link back to me. Thanks for asking. As far as I know, no problem with the eggs.
Sandy
4 Reluctant Entertainer

Diane@Diane's Place said...

When your comment came to my email as Diane@A Watered Garden, I thought, "Who in the world is this Diane chick and why does she think she knows me?" LOL! ;D

I wondered what happened to you and why you'd been so scarce lately. Glad you're back and all is well. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Diane

Myrna said...

Welcome back. I had just found you and then you weren't here! I like your new name and your reason for it. I'll be back.

Ashleigh Baker said...

Good to see you here, Diane... I'm in the process of moving my little blog to a new location as well, due to security reasons. No fun. :(

Is. 58:11 is one of my life verses... what a beautiful post.

Cherish the Home said...

Your new header is very pretty! I'm glad you didn't quit blogging. I had to e-mail Erin to find out what your new blog address was. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Anonymous said...

I love your new look, bloggy name and *everything*. Thank you for letting me know, Diane!

Susan said...

Glad to see you back and looking forward to more!

Mishel said...

So glad you are back Diane! I loved the story about you and plants--I'm known around here as a "plant murderer". : ) And I've passed the gene on to Ashleigh! LOL

Speaking of Ashleigh--you can go to her old blog address and find out where to find her now. Oh...and I thought of you tonight when I opened an early birthday present--a Nikon digital SLR D40 camera!! Long story, but a few years ago my Nikon 35mm was accidentally broken just as I was getting into photography (that camera was a mother's day gift). I was so sad! : ( So to receive this one tonight was a *total* surprise!! : )