Favorite Chicken Soup
It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe... so here is one for our favorite chicken soup...Enjoy!
Favorite Chicken Soup
1 (3-4#) chicken (or you can use chicken breasts)
1 each: stock of celery with leaves, chopped & carrot, chopped
1 onion, quartered, plus 1 T. minced
8 whole peppercorns
Seasoned salt
4 Qts. Water
1 (12oz) pkg wide egg noodles
2 bouillon cubes or chicken broth flavor packets
4 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
Parsley flakes, red pepper flakes & pepper to taste
In a very large stock pot (6 qt.) simmer first seven ingredients until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken from pot. Let cool, then skin, bone and tear meat into pieces. Set aside. Strain broth through a sieve pressing as much of liquid from veggies as possible; return broth to pot. Bring to boil. Cook noodles in boiling broth 6 minutes. Add bouillon cubes, stirring to mix well. Stir in undiluted canned soup. Stir gently to dissolve lumps, but try not to break noodles too much. Stir in chicken pieces and add remaining 1 T. minced onion, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, black pepper and additional salt, as desired. Heat through. Serve with hot buttered corn bread. GREAT!!

5 comments:
Yum! Looks delicious! I thought...."she must be a southerner", after reading you serve your soup with corn bread! :0)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I've enjoyed reading through yours. You know how some blogs jump out at you as a blog you will return to.....yours is such a blog. My 11 year old daughter was reading with me and said, "Ahhh...I like her blog!"
Blessings,
Jennifer
Oh yum!!! I wonder if this would work with a deli-roasted chicken? Then I could get it on the table even faster. I'll let you know how it works.
Diane,
This sounds delicious! I would have never thought of adding the cream soup.
Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your kind post! (and Thank your daughter as well! :-) Yes, we've been in Texas almost 25 years... but, I am still very loyal to my Ohio roots. My husband and I were both born and raised as proud Buckeyes! There is much to love about Texas, and the food is certainly a part of that!
Speaking of food... To Renee, one of my favorite Southern cooks, I think this soup would be great with roasted chicken. I'd replace the water with chicken broth and go for it!
Tracy... it makes it so creamy... and easy!!
Sounds so yummy! I am also looking for a good Chicken Soup recipe. A mother always needs to have one on hand. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I just love your blog so much.
Have a great day,
Trella
Post a Comment