Monday, February 12, 2007

Seeking God...

I have had way too much of an inward focus lately... a topic of great discussion between the Lord and I. I want to focus my thoughts on Him, grow in His grace, and have a servant's heart towards others. I have to admit that these desires desperately need to become actions! Part of the "problem" is physical in nature, (severe anemia & hormonal) but I'm sure most of it is just plain sin and feeling sorry for myself. I am seeking to learn spiritual disciplines that will pull me out of this rut. So.... I don't know if any one who may drop by my blog ever struggles with these issues... but aside from scripture, here are a few resources I have appreciated this week. I am reading two books: Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes and The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn. I also read two great articles: Dying To Self As A Mother and A Letter To My Sister On Becoming A Mother on a blog I recently visited: Noblewomanhood.com Thanks to another blog I enjoy visiting, Tammy's Kitchen, for the links.
I think I am still missing our little dogs. Last night I made spaghetti and realized that for the first time in 14 years that I did not have two little dogs sitting at my feet shaking with excitement to receive their allotment of cooked spaghetti noodles. However, my husband's rather comical imitation was a fairly close second! :-) Ok Diane, get a grip!!

"Motherhood is the journey out of my own self-centeredness." ~ Author Unknown

1 comment:

Erin said...

awww...the spaghetti ritual! *sniff,sniff*

I can totally picture that "comical imitation":op