Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Recipe: Cranberry Tea & Christmas Wassil


Well, it's been awhile since I've posted and I have become inspired by all of the posts I've seen recently on holiday recipes! I thought I'd share a few of our family's favorites that we enjoy making around this time of year. If you are posting special recipes on your blog...please leave a link under comments so we can try out your favorites as well!!
I received this recipe back in 1984 from our Ladies Group at church when we lived in Houston. It's a standard around here at Christmas time!
Hot Cranberry Tea
Boil Together:
3/4-1 c. sugar or to taste
1 1/2 c. water
1 sticks cinnamon
Add:
4 c. Water
3 c. pineapple juice
2 c. Cranberry Juice coctail
1 c. orange juice
1 T. lemon juice
Simmer 1/2 hour and serve warm. Enjoy!! Yield: 11-12 cups
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or, for another recipe without as much sugar try:
Christmas Wassil
Mix equal parts: Cranberry juice (or orange juice), Apple Juice and Pineapple juice
2 t. whole cloves
6 whole cinnamon sticks
Place in crock pot and heat. This recipe came from the Houston Chronicle.

No comments: